I think my doe's kits might be dead?? Please help!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oando

Reaction score
My doe (a Lionhead/lop mix) accidentally got pregnant by her 12 week old son (long story). I'm not sure the exact date she got pregnant, but I know she definitely was by May 10 (I assume she got pregger a few days before tho). So she should kindle any day now, but she had not made a nest yet. And I am worried that the kits might be stillborn because I can't feel them moving at all. This is her third litter and with the last two ( with 4 kits and 7) I could feel them moving around in her tummy by now. I don't think she has many kits inside her, as I can't feel that many, maybe 2? But I have not even felt the slightest movement of them at all. I am really worried. Will she not kindle if they are dead? Do you think they are stillborn? Is it normal for her not to have built a nest yet? Or does she know they are dead and won't? Also she has not been eating much lately is that normal?
Thank you in advanced.

Not eating much around her due date can be normal. It can be normal to not feel them moving around. Try not to worry too much. When it has been 31 days past May 10th, perhaps you can try a few techniques that will promote labor. Herbs, grooming her tummy...

Latest posts

Back