Mini or Holland lop?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oscar

Reaction score
So i wasnt really worried about this in the first place, but now since its getting closer to show time i was wondering what breed he was? I haven't weighed in a while and will do that here soon. He has the head of a holland and the body of a mini. Why do rabbits have to be so confusing!http://rabbittalk.com/resources/image/18677

Looks more Mini Lop than Holland, even in head shape. It's possible to be a cross or unfortunately a lesser example per SOP considerations of either breed. Holland max show weight is 4lbs, Mini is 6 n 1/2 lbs. There can be difference in weights in both breeds from too small to too large. Are you showing in 4h or ffa? Or is this for an ARBA show?

Hmm I'd look to see if they follow the ARBA SOP then. If they do, I'd enter her by what she weighs...its too close of a call for me to say either way for sure and without knowing parentage there's no real way to say she's x breed. I've seen some HL I'd swear where ML but were out of GC rabbits for example. I've had both ML and HL...still have HL. There's usually an obvious difference but some times..there's just not.

I weighed him he's about 5.2 pounds, so I'm going to show him as a ML for now until i can compare him to my friends holland.

Latest posts

Back