It all started with a farm store hutch...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kamiren.lane

Reaction score
I am so proud and excited about my new bunny cottage. We started with an unsocialized rescued harlequin for whom had three inch long nails and a bad feeling about humans. We rescued her a neutered mate, but the shelter neglected to tell us he was still fertile up to 14 days post-op. Now we have four kits (whom are 3.5 weeks & just started roaming and eating solids). When thr babies were surprisingly born we cleaned out the garage leaving on overhead storage and a mower in there and focused on litter training momma. We haven't had any luck finding the babies homes and are frankly too picky as most will only rot in wire cages. Now that the babies are out and running we knew they needed places to hop, hide, eat, sleep, and most of all play. As a frugal momma I knew frankly I didn't want to invest in anything more than I have to. Using 100% recycled pieces down to the screws we invested nothing in this Bunny Cottage and our babies couldn't be happier. Oh and we added a Flemish Giant who is exactly 4 weeks older than our babies. Of course too many people aren't supportive and don't understand my love and dedication so I'm very eager to show you all! We still plan to add some carpet to the ramps and a few more small modifications, but overall it's done! Yay!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    108.5 KB · Views: 2,178
Welcome! It does always seem to start out with just one, and then.. another can't hurt.. :lol: :lol: :lol: That rabbit math can get tricky!

I bet your bunnies are very very happy with your efforts. :) The planters are an especially nice touch, I think.

My rabbits live in wire cages due to a very devastating protozoal disease that exists in my soil, and is spread by fecal contact. (Hepatic coccidosis killed several of my babies.)
I have not yet thought of of a setup that would protect them from this disease, and still allow the buns to be as comfortable as yours must be...

Back