alforddm, question about the weather

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozemba

Reaction score
Hey you, I'm asking you a private Oklahoma question but in public, in case others need to know the answer.

Since it is so humid, all the time, especially in the summer heat. What methods work best for keeping temps down in your rabbitry?

Seems like most of the suggestions are to use misters, but last summer we used them and all it did was make everything wet with minimal cooling...

I have decided I'm going to use water crocks this summer, easier to refill and easier for the buns to drink out of.

Well, last summer was my first year with rabbits. I used 2lt frozen water bottles but they didn't really last all evening so I'm going to use 1 gal milk jugs this year. The crocks work really good but the rabbit will get in them if they get to hot in order to cool down. I actually but a big rubber tub in one of my grow out cages and they used it to cool off. <br /><br /> -- Thu May 26, 2016 7:25 pm -- <br /><br /> They will hang their front feet in the water and if they are really hot get all the way in the tub. It's kinda funny to watch but I'd rather they get a bit wet than overheat. I didn't loose any growouts last year to heat and they were born in July 1st. I didn't ice them (I did my breeders) just the water tub.

Just moving air in humid weather will help. I got some cheap fans and had them running (thanks to a 100 ft drop cord). The rabbit will run to the front of the cage to catch the breeze!

Back