Reasoning behind your RT name?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lived in Ireland in 2001 and first heard the word Knacker. It is a derogatory term used for "travelers". These are large groups of people who live a transient life in trailers, pay no taxes and often lie, cheat and steal to survive, and generally leave a heap of garbage in their wake.

The actual definition is a bit more acceptable: "A knacker is a person in the trade of rendering animals that have died on farms or are unfit for human consumption, such as horses that can no longer work. This leads to the slang expression "knackered" meaning very tired, or "ready for the knacker's yard", where old horses are slaughtered and the by-products are sent for rendering. A knacker's yard or knackery is different from a slaughterhouse, where animals are slaughtered for human consumption. In most countries, knackery premises are regulated by law."

I like the word for myself not just because I slaughter my own meats whether it be hunting or raising meat rabbits, but I like to refurbish or upcycle old items.

And to round out the "inspired by great literature" group...

NOZWbX1H12mu4.gif

Latest posts

Back