New Stainless Steel Cages

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenzierey

Reaction score
I am feeling super giddy today and gotta show off my newest find to people who can truly appreciate it! I found on Craigslist this amazing Stainless Steel 6 hole laboratory style Rabbit Cage for only $350! It was right in the next town over and it just got home today. We haven't had a chance to transfer most of the buns but I did put my Cali doe and her current litter in there.

It's the most glorious thing!! The doe broke the door to their old cage and got out and dragged a kit with her a couple weeks back and we weren't ever able to find it...Until my dog came into the front yard with a tiny little baby pelt in its mouth :(...We were never able to fully repair the cage and even though we made several attempts to fix it, we have often been waking up in the morning to 8 kits not 9. There has been this one little girl kit who has escaped several times from the cage and it was such a huge pain in the butt. I spent one morning chasing that little bugger all through my 3000 square foot barn, and from the front yard to the back yard and vice versa for so long. No matter how many ties and latches the little stink figure out a way. I can't even tell you how happy I am going to be to wake up tomorrow and KNOW that all of my buns are in there.

This thing even has a water pump system! I will have to figure it out and so will my buns but I am just in awe! The person selling them had about 10 cages for sale and I am beyond tempted to go back and grab another, even though they have already raised the price $50. I think it's worth it. This is changing the game for us.

Cages.jpg

cages2.jpg

Haha thanks guys it is seriously changing my life. I can't believe how beautiful and convenient it is. I am excited to wake up and go feed the buns everyday now. I really think I will see if she has anymore and buy another one tomorrow. This will put us very far under but we are not in it for the money so I think it's worth it. Plus I definitely think we can get our money back selling these cages in the future.

Did you buy more? They look fantastic <br /><br /> -- Mon May 16, 2016 9:32 pm -- <br /><br /> Did you buy more? They look fantastic

karenl":6vj6k2j5 said:
Did you buy more? They look fantastic

-- Mon May 16, 2016 9:32 pm --

Did you buy more? They look fantastic

I am trying! I just saw another ad on CL from 17 days ago that's advertising stainless steel cages for $250!! I am calling them today but I am not hopeful that they still have any. <br /><br /> -- Wed May 18, 2016 9:00 am -- <br /><br /> Turns out that there is a rabbit breeding facility that went out of business right near me. They have 100s of these stainless steel cages and we just bought two 9 holes for $400 for both!! That's $22.22 a cage! What a steal! I now have more cages than I could possibly need. But that just means I have to go find more buns to fill them, right? :mrgreen:

I will post pictures of my set up once I figure out where I want the cages to go!

Kenzierey":26qtn401 said:
Turns out that there is a rabbit breeding facility that went out of business right near me. They have 100s of these stainless steel cages and we just bought two 9 holes for $400 for both!! That's $22.22 a cage! What a steal! I now have more cages than I could possibly need. But that just means I have to go find more buns to fill them, right?

That is awesome! I'm happy for you and a little bit jealous ok more than a little bit.

Yes, please post pics when you get it all setup!

Finally got one of our 9 holes set up. It's giant and we now have nowhere to put our other 9 hole but that's ok because we don't have nearly enough rabbits to fill the first 2 cages anyway. Time for more rabbits!

rsz_cages2jpg.jpg

Got my two angoras and a rex doe in this one

Back