I Miss my Wheekers...need pics of guinea pigs

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
so my guinea pigs are now gone, my backyard feels so empty.

I need pictures of wheekers to make me feel better... anyone have any cute ones????

Photobucket is down and most of my pics are big. Here is berry day with beet pulp soaked in berry juice with berries and cherries.

[album]3602[/album]

This was a cute trio

My dangerous high prey drive husky afraid to take a potato from the guinea pig. He walked right up and bit her on the nose earlier when she went to sniff him.

the things some of you can get your guinea pigs to eat.. I never had success with more exotic stuff and potatoes... they weren't keen on, though beets.. beets they would eat.

To eat potato you have to feed them no other fresh food that day or they will be satisfied with the other greens. For that reason they don't get potato often. It's more of a winter food. They won't eat beet pulp plain either but I got a whole 50lb bag of it and I know berries are one of their favorites so I just soaked them together with a little warm water. Some beet pulp was left in some cages but I gave them a lot. I also puree banana into things because it's another food they really go for. Good when ill and off feed.

My guinea pigs will eat absolutely everything. I had them on nothing but forage (mostly garden and lawn weeds) and kitchen trimmings for the first 3 months. I only added pellets to their diet when they started nursing pups. My senior sow was the leader in trying need foods, but the boar, Thistle-pig, also spent a lot of time with rabbits when he wasn't living with the girls, learning to eat what they eat.
The piggies became SUPER useful when the gardens started overproducing squash and tomatoes. :lol:

Latest posts

Back