Winding down for summer

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Greetings friends!! I haven't posted in a long time but I thought I'd update!!

The human children have 11 days left of school and I don't know who's more excited, me or them!!

The rabbitry has changed up! Red Megan went the way of FC after a year of unsuccessfully trying to get her pregnant. Rainey has two litters from Wheatley and possibly one more to go before summer heat picks up here in OH. I sold Wheatley a few weeks ago since he'd done a great job of being my first generation buck and his two of his daughters from Rainey's first litter look fantastic. In addition to Banhammer, a red buckling I bought a couple months ago (and shown! Judges liked him A LOT!!) I bought a Charlie red buckling from a breeder in Missouri at the Ohio Mini Convention! His name is Valentino (born on Valentine's Day) and hopefully he makes it to adulthood without intestinal problems. Both Hammer and 'Tino are my second generation bucks, and I'm mighty pleased with 'Tino--he comes from Grand Champion Red lines of big beefy Reds and Brokens!!

Summer time the does get to chill out and I start taking the youngsters to show. The solid red daughter of Wheatley, who I have tentatively named Rosebud, is a hefty girl at almost 4 months! Let's hope her shape is as nice as I thought!!

I brought back to the rabbitry Enderman's brother, Ripper, full sibling of Rainey, from my sister's rabbitry. Along with Ripper came his daughter, Dotty, who's a Charlie.

The rabbitry has been moved out of winter quarters of the garage and is out in the yard, making us look a bit redneck, but who cares. Still battling with rats--I'm gonna make some Malrin peanut butter for them this week when the rain stops.

I've found I can send five rabbits to freezer camp before I have to stop due to exhaustion, and now I've only got five left to butcher. Maybe tomorrow after my hair appointment.

Current working does: Rainey and Heaven
Current stud buck: Ripper
Teenagers: Dotty, Hammer, 'Tino, Rosebud, ?, and ?.

Looking forward to showing some more this summer!!!

Ya know Spot, we're not going to cut you any slack here don't you?

ra,unisex_tshirt,x3104,fafafa:ca443f4786,front-c,650,630,900,975-bg,f8f8f8.u2.jpg

Here they are!!! If I were into dogs, I'd say I've been hounded for pictures, but seems how it's rabbits, I hopped right to it!!!

Not the best pictures of the doelings and not in the least positioned, but what do y'all think? I'm loving Rosebud, she' definitely got Wheatley's big head! Let's hope she inherited his temperament, not her mothers!!!

Until someone posts, I can't put in pictures of Ripper and Dotty. Quick, POST!!!

Attachments

• Banhammer.JPG
    Banhammer.JPG
    344.2 KB · Views: 1,116
  • Doe1.JPG
    Doe1.JPG
    436.5 KB · Views: 1,116
  • Doe2.JPG
    Doe2.JPG
    386.6 KB · Views: 1,116
  • Rosebud.JPG
    Rosebud.JPG
    361.9 KB · Views: 1,116
  • Valentino.JPG
    Valentino.JPG
    431 KB · Views: 1,116
Here is Ripper (his name is from his ear which was courtesy of his mother in the nest box). Dotty is Ripper's daughter from a broken black NZ, so she's pedigreed!! I wonder what she's going to throw me this fall when bred to Hammer!

Attachments

• Dotty.JPG
    Dotty.JPG
    321.8 KB · Views: 1,099
  • Ripper.JPG
    Ripper.JPG
    546.7 KB · Views: 1,099
Oh wow, the buns are all so gorgeous!! I love 'Unnamed Doe #1' :D

Glad to hear the school's coming to a close! All of us kids are ecstatic :lol:

Somehow, some day, I am determined to get up to Cleveland and get a couple of your reds.

That'll give me enough time to breed bigger into these rabbits!! lol Come August I'll be going down to SC for a criuse, maybe we can meet along the way?
This morning I had to cull one of the broken doelings, but I don't know which one it was til I compare pictures of markings. I need a tattooer!!!

Latest posts

Back