Is she pregnant?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleFluffyBunnies

Reaction score
I bred my doe for the second time recently. I put a post on about how I wasn't sure if I should expect kits. She is now on day 14. I'm trying to figure out if she's pregnant. I tried palpating several times. On day 9 and 11 I thought I felt kits, they were soft balls along her sides. But then other times I couldn't find them, but that might have just been me, because they were in the same spot on day 11 as they were on day 9, just a bit bigger. I also weighed her. Before breeding, she was 1555 grams. After nearly two weeks after breeding, she is 1667 grams. That is 3.4 pounds to 3.6 pounds. I don't know if that's a big enough difference. She isn't grumpy. I have an outdoor pen they run in for exercise and every time she goes in she spends the whole time digging. It is like she is digging for a purpose, not like randomly. She digs, than smooths out the dug out dirt. She always goes back to that one spot. I don't know if that's a sign.

I do know I just have to be patient. Only waiting 37 days at the most will tell if she is pregnant. It would be nice to know though.

Back