Show cages

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winterwolf

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
I wanted to start showing some of my rabbits this year, and after doing research online I have decided that it will be much easier on my budget to make my own show cages. Does anyone know if there are regulations on how big or small the cages have to be? What is an average size for show cages? I should probably specify that I will be showing French Angoras, averaging around 8 to 10 pounds. Thank you in advance for your help! :)

My Englishes I put in 18x24 single carry cages. However, I don't think the actual show cages they sell are that big lol. I wanted enough room though to where their ears wouldn't get caught or stepped on and they had some stretch room. I would take a look at what is advertised for angoras (if no one else chimes in) and then use that as a base for a min. If there is no dimensions listed on a seller's site, you can email and ask :) Most are happy to tell you, they want happy customers after all.

No requirement for show carriers. You will take your rabbit and place it on the show table in a separate cage/compartment when your breed comes up. Several locals sometimes show up to shows with the rabbits in their arms. I would definitely not recommend that though!

Winterwolf":39s5ru0z said:
Ah, that should make this a whole lot easier! I kept worrying about making the cage convenient for the judge to open/close. :roll:

Thank you so much for your help! :D

Anytime! Feel free to ask anything else! We all have aspects of this hobby that we are learning.

i don't know off hand, but I can go out and measure the carries I put my French in.

Latest posts

Back