Where to buy these cage latches CHEAP... really CHEAP?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmywalt

Reaction score
I need 5 left and 5 right cage latches that look like these.

I'm frugal (i.e. cheap) and would like to find the BEST price. There aren't any rabbit shows near me until August. I know they sell them there for $.60-cents each. I would like to get some for that price (or less) if at all possible.

I've checked bunnyrabbit.com, Bass, Klubertanz, Ebay, etc. Shipping kills their pricing.

I don't have wire to attempt to make my own, and I'd really like some that are professionally made.

Thank you for your help!

RIGHT_SIDE_LATCH_1024x1024.jpg

Check out ebay. I found my latches there and got a pretty good deal. Mine are the spring kind, but I remember they had some. Also check craigslist. I am finding more and more items there. Might could work out a trade.

I would thing that you could find a roll of thick single wire at the hardware store. Then cut and bend to size and shape you need. Or like some have said, wire coat hangers are cheap even free.

I had the same problem. I ended up buying small springs from the hardware store (I think they were actually intended for screen doors?) and using S hooks on either end to hook them to the cage wire. There were a variety of lengths and tensions, so I just picked one that was reasonably secure but not too difficult to pop off with one hand. Between the packs of springs and packs of S hooks I probably spent $1 per latch. They have held up well and were a much more economical alternative to ordering latches online...shipping is a killer.

Back