when do I rebreed the doe?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dark.lapin

Reaction score
My doe had her litter on 9th of march and I was wondering if it would be okay to rebreed on one of days of the 7th week to advoid her giving birth in june...Would rebreeding her early like this have some bad side effects?

I believe different people rebreed at different times. So I can't tell you what is the best way, but I can tell you what we do. We rebreed at 28 days after kindle and I know that the breeder we got out stock from rebreeds at 21 days after kindle. Doesn't really help in your situation but I'm sure more experienced people will be able to help. :)

sammysue63":32c7h0ih said:
I believe different people rebreed at different times. So I can't tell you what is the best way, but I can tell you what we do. We rebreed at 28 days after kindle and I know that the breeder we got out stock from rebreeds at 21 days after kindle. Doesn't really help in your situation but I'm sure more experienced people will be able to help. :)
thank you for your help..I should really just ask the breeder..I want to wait maybe another week because I defanitly don't want her to kindle with kits underfoot..

I wait 6 weeks from kindling so they get a 2 week break from pregnancy and a 2 week break from feeding kits. After 3-4litters with that spacing I found some does then need a month break if for nothing else than to regrow their coat. My chocolate mini rex doe would often make multiple nests each litter so she ended up rather bald after a few litters close together. Middle of summer is a good time to give them a couple months break. Mine bred through this past winter even with our -20F days and occasionally -30F night and we only lost 1 litter where the doe did not figure out on her first winter litter that she needed to seal back up the entrance to her nest.

Back