Separating Age

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dakotakelm

Reaction score
So Theo and Snow the Lionheads are now 8 weeks old as of 4/29 when should I separate them? Snow really enjoys being with her brother but I wanna make sure they don't breed together.

Also they plan to spay Snow after she is spayed is it alright to let her play with Theo or is it not safe with him?

I have really falling in love with my lionhead in just 4 weeks with my little Theo he is just so joyful and my son loves him. I in the future would like to find a female to breed him with maybe in a year we are right now in the process of finding the right house to buy and I want to be settled in before breeding.
How long can he breed and how long can a female breed for?

Thank you!

i would separate them now to be absolutely sure they do not breed. I think they normally can't breed until the age of three months, but it is not unheard of to have an 8 week old breed.

Once she is spayed, I think it would be fine to let them play together after she has recovered. Just watch them carefully and if Theo or Snow try to fight, separate them.

I am glad you are enjoying him! A rabbit can breed for several years, top producers might get replaced at three years but if you do not breed for perfect litters very often they can breed for longer. They should only be in good condition though. Also, if females are to keep producing they should be bred several times a year at the least, or they will not continue to produce well. it is best for a female rabbit to have her first litter when she is under a year but over 5 months. Be sure to do a lot of research before breeding.

Back