Moving BITES

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
So I'm selling off my herd of guinea pigs tomorrow.

ALL of them are leaving and it makes me feel sad. I've so enjoyed our wheekers.

BUT it's the right time of year to sell them, eases the worry of how to place them well.

There's a gal who wants to raise piggies and wants the entire group which keeps them all together (Barring the pet loaner one who is moving to a different home).

She'll take over my store contract if she cares for them well and she sounds knowledgeable on the phone.

But with our future (at this point unknown) it's better to move them out now when people are buying them.

Just feeling a bit bummed about it all...

And I'm reducing my rabbit herd... as well because I don't know what the future holds and I don't want to be stuck in a hard place later down the road either... I HATE THIS. I surely don't want to put my lovely buns in the freezer or horrors put them in the auction because I have to get rid of them in a rush moment.

It's just hard to figure it out. How many to try to keep and what to get rid of now. ...

Just hard.

I'm so sorry you're having to do all this. :(

You are such a responsible breeder, though. I know you'll do right by your family and your animals. :grouphug:

Tell me about it. <3 I'm in the same boat as you only I've mostly sold off my chickens. I have 3 more to go and then I'll have 2 hens and a rooster, 2 ducks, and 2 geese and a gander to move over. I'm lucky to already have the property I am moving to so I've started building temporary pens and hanging cages so I can reduce the number of animals at the house that is for sale. The only problem is there is a very real limit to what I can bring over because pens will need to be easily moved or broken down out of the way if they are blocking trucks from putting up my well, septic, and house. My biggest concern is my dogs and how I'm going to keep them from escaping anything I set up. I'll be by 1-2 times each and every day to care for every body but 1 is a LGD, 1 is a very very attached dog, 1 will escape anything if there is a way to escape (he's escaped chain link kennels by ripping the door inwards. I have to strap the door frame to the kennel frame to prevent this), and the last dog is extremely elderly with medical issues. I am also concerned about the noises these dogs may make without me living there and the effect on my new neighbors and if they'd report me.

argh... my guinea pig herd people cancelled....

they just got dinged with a 4000$ hydro bill... so ALL their plans are on hold....

Back