health issue

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
commercial antibiotics ... lower the immune system strength in all of us, -- commercial antibiotics should only be used when you have an obvious and identifiable issue suitable for a specific antibiotic and its effective spectrum. [not all antibiotics will kill a specific germ pathogen , and none of them kill a virus]
-- the best prevention is good feeding and care of the rabbit. -along with avoiding exposure to rabbits from another rabbitry..

I have seen far too many rabbits treated with antibiotics for minor or unidentified issues, that later died from GI issues related to the antibiotics -- rabbits that would have been just fine if left alone for a few days to heal up.
Sometimes Vets give antibiotics to rabbits just to make the people who bring them in feel better, and see that something is being done to justify the price of a Vet visit.

Ok so basically let nature take its course. If they get better great but if not cull.

So since I'm not sure what was killing my rabbits off I want to clean EVERYTHING. Should I wait to clean after the quarantine days are up or clean now? I have about 3 gallons of bleach. Another question since I have wood hutches how do I make sure those are clean? Because like I said I want everything to be clean from the floor up

Latest posts

Back