She's making me nervous.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButtonsPalace

Reaction score
Ok so I bred her on March 22, that's 33 days ago. She looks pregnant, has made a nest and everything but no babies yet. I offered her a tum and some raspberry leaf which she refuse both *It was a berry flavored tum* I gave some to my white doe as well who has already had her babies and she loved it! My gray doe I'm worried about, Buttons, is pudgy but she's losing hair around her face, she isn't itching or scratching and I've looked for bugs and eggs and haven't seen anything. Her belly is big and hard same as my other doe who had two babies. Could anyone maybe tell me if I should take her to the vet or give her something. Or is she ok and I'm just being overdramatically worried. *The fur loss has been going on a bit and I've seen some grow back but it's not fully grown back and there doesn't appear to be any growing.* She also had a wad of fur in her eye and when I first looked at her I almost passed out thinking she was going to go blind lol.. But I got the hair out pretty easily she didn't put up much of a fight other than when I was trying to open her eye to get to it, but who wouldn't..
Here's some pictures of her from today:
13045495_1780942442141326_1832032326_n.jpg
13077272_1780942472141323_219853037_n.jpg
And here's some 13 days ago..:
Buttons 2.jpg
Buttons 3.jpg

that's quite the dewlap she's got. Cute doe!

It's hard to tell if a doe is preg or just fat. you can put her with a buck to test her and if she lets him breed her than you know she wasn't preg. But if she puts up a lot of fuss and is totally not interested then she could be preg.

And yeah, it looks like she just molting. Every rabbit is different in this process too some are fast and some are really slow.

She is molting super fast and it's almost ridiculous. I love her dewlap I love it's bigness lol. She got that along with her first litter which was 10. So no babies ever came.. I rebred her today to the same buck.. She lifted... I believe what happened to both my does was that during the pregnancy the hutch they were in fell over in the wind *We had been worried about it so we moved it up against a chain link fence without thinking of the fact that the wind blows both ways lol >~<... so my thought on that is that she absorbed all of her kits and that my other doe absorbed some because after the accident they both got significantly smaller and I started wondering if maybe both of them miscarried during it but once someone mentioned them reabsorbing the babies I knew that's what must've done me over. Well I have to fat day apart kits and a healthy happy momma taking good care of them. And I rebred the doe in the pictures and hopefully will be seeing babies in 28 days :) :)

Latest posts

Back