Nesting

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bun

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am breeding my doe for the first time and very excited as tonight i come home to see she has made a big nest. Day 25 is today and she has started to build a big nest. Doe's it vary on when a doe decides to want to start building her nest? As it is only day 25 could this mean her baby's could come early on day 28? :bunnyhop:. I put more hay in and she went mad picking it up in her mouth and started to use it to build straight away. I have heard that with a rabbits first litter some dont survive is this true, should i expect some not to be alive?

Some does just build a nest early. I have a couple of does who start to nest a full week early. I always put a box in when I see them start to haystache. They will make a nice nest and then mostly ignore it until day 30 or 31 when they kindle.

So far I would say her timing is good:). She is probably just a prepper and as Alforddm said, going to ignore it until she needs it later:)

Thank you, i did think this might be normal. And i am going to place in the nesting box, very excited but nervous :)

Back