Did you actually read the posting.....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wingfire1

Reaction score
So I'm sure that everyone who sells their rabbits has to deal with some interesting people from time to time. I would like to hear stories of your dealings with the public.

My favorite one responded to an add I had for some Lionhead bucks. They wanted them and yet they did not want mini rabbits. Amazingly they didn't respond again after I told them they were mini rabbits. Needless to say all the calls I got that week made me wonder if they even knew what a rabbit was and I didnt selll any.

I'm sure you guys have some great stories waiting to be told. Thanks

I just cant understand how people email in response to an ad, then they ask you all the questions you actually posted IN the ad! Its so frustrating! I just want to ask if they even read it! I have 18 for sale right now so this is happening almost daily!

Nop...too much and they don't read. Not enough and pass by. Fine line.

My fav goof was asking if I had any does of a breed I don't even have when I clearly stated I had only bucks in a completely different breed.

in the past if I posted any for sale locally I got the same as said here. bunch of people who don't seem to know whether to scratch their watch or wind their butt.

ad went like this:

TOWN, OHIO
DUTCH RABBITS
DOB of rabbit
color and gender of rabbit
$ price

and repeat with two spaces between if multiple rabbits. what did I get?

..you have rabbits for sale?

..you have male rabbits for sale?

..you have femail rabbits for sale? (yes spelled like that)

..you have bread rabbits? (again, spelling like that if not worse.. u gt bread rabts?... gee I dunno have you passed the second grade?)

..you have xx breed/kind rabbits?

because clearly I have rabbits and must be hiding somewhere the rabbit they want.........

Unfortunately I've recently been a bit guilty of that. I have so much going on and I am going through so many emails from so many people I asked about similar things that I forget what was in the ad by the next day. Sometimes they don't get back to me for a week or a month or in one case 6 months :lol: By then I've truly forgotten the details and may not even still know how to bring up the ad to reread it. The number of people and the amount of questions they ask is insane though. I might forget a price or a color but not 3+ things out of a given ad or other contact.

My favorite is when I post butchered fryers for sale and I get enquirerys about breeders :p I definitely make more $$ selling live breeding trios than butchered rabbits :D

I just recently sold my first rabbits and had a few funnies.

I had someone ask for 2 female rabbits when my ad clearly stated I had two males.

Then, when my ad said the rabbits were sold, and my website said sold as well, and my website lists all of my rabbits are not for sale, I have no more for sale, I get through my website contact box: Please send me pictures of all the bunnies for sale and weather(yes spelled like that) they are buck or does and price

I had clearly put on the website that they are sold, they were male and the price! And there were pics!

I can understand someone forgetting over time, but when they are initially responding it would be common courtesy to read or even write down details if you have to. Or acknowledge that you read they had bucks but were wondering about does, etc.....instead of looking like they didn't even read it!

Thanks for the responses, I always like hearing about other people's experiences. I find I usually end up selling small pets if I have meats listed, or meats if its pets I list. Maybe I should be using reverse psychology on purpose...... :idea:

I also make almost all my sales at a designated meeting place, there are only about 3 people I let into my rabbitry. Just had too many people a little too eager to come buy "all of them you have" when they have no clue how many I have. Then they realize it's too far away or have some other excuse when I won't let them on the property and back out on me. I have no problems sending lots of pictures and or bringing several rabbits for them to pick from. On the bright side im closer to having my rabbits pay for themselves than I have been before. :D
Wingfire1

Latest posts

Back