Could she be pregnant? Or am I nuts?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButtonsPalace

Reaction score
So my white doe has obviously put on weight and looks pregnant the kits probably won't be very big seeing as they're a meat rabbit crossed with a Netherland Dwarf and I think I felt a baby and her nipples have been tipped with colostrum/milk *It was white* for about a week.. Give or take a few days... I gave her a nest box full of hay and she has made a burrow in the back *She don't sit in it at all, she'll sit beside,in front of, and on top of* Same as the other doe who is also hopefully pregnant they are both acting pregnant. But the one doe who is on day 28 hasn't pulled fur but she also hasn't ate today or drank hardly at all and I'm not sure if this horse logic applies to rabbits but typically when a horse is going to foal she'll fast. Not sure if rabbits do this or not but she hasn't ate or drank hardly any compared to how it's been past few days now. My question out of all this is; Is it possible she could have her litter tonight and not pull any fur because of how warm it is?

She could be pregnant. Many does don't pull hair until they are in labor. Did I miss it? Did you tell us if she's a first time mom or not? Also, 28 days is a couple days too early for here, but fasting does happen with rabbits also. Just don't let her go off fluids! Is this your first rabbit pregnancy?

She's drinking just not as much as normal. And nope not first time this is second go around although the first time was REALLY nutso. It starts with my stupid dad thinking she was a he so *he* got to go out with other bucks. Well *he* started getting bigger and I fed her a little less about a cup a day * I didn't know she was a girl much less pregnant* Then in May of last year the day she was due she pulled a little fur and laid it on the wire. My dad said *he* she was just shedding. I was like hmm must be it but that night I went out to get my other doe and get her ready to leave *My dad did bad things so I was moving out well sneakily moving out* Well when I went out I seen huge lumps in the cage an I was like ohhh craapp so I went over found babies and found one on the ground I picked up and warmed up. And then she was put in a indoor rabbit cage with her babies in a little nest in one corner *She had no box they were just in a little hole of hay she made covered in hair. She has already dug herself a little burrow in the back like the other doe *The other doe **gray one** has had babies on 28 days both pregnancies so far and is due Tuesday* All she has yet to do is pull fur.. So we're watching and waiting.

A lot of times they won't pull fur until it's time... I did have one that would start pulling really early on and by the time she had them she was half bald! Fur everywhere. Just gotta wait and see, as hard as that is!

If she has gone off her feed because she is pregnant you shouldn't have long to wait:). That's also usually something that happens 24-36 hours before kindling...

Still not eating much and drinking very little. She is still drinking just not a lot... She's eating a little here and there but mostly dumping it out. Today she is SUPER ROUND!! I gave her some Dandelion and she ate it but that's all she's ate and she's been kinda restless and then she'll just lay around for a while.

-- Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:58 pm --

5:57 here. No fur pulled yet. Starting to get doubtful. She's huge and her nipples have white tips but last time she had fur pulled at like 3-4 pm... Can rabbits postpone? How would I know if a kit is stuck? <br /><br /> -- Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:28 pm -- <br /><br /> Night 29 no babies. No sign of babies. But neither of the does have been eating or drinking a lot the past two days *They are eating just not a lot same for drinking* **Water is changed daily**

They can hold them in, especially if they are stressed or you are checking them a lot. And she probably won't pull fur or kindle at exactly the same time as last time unless you bred her at exactly the same time. You breed in the am, expect a likely am kindle. You breed in the afternoon, expect an afternoon or even next day kindle. I still say if she's fasting due to pregnancy it won't be too long, but my advice, as hard as it may be, is to give her some space. You are nervous and she probably is too. Day 31 is normal. Before that is early. So even if she was early last time she may not be this time. It's not time to be concerned yet, and I would say by day 33 you can pretty much figure she didn't take and by day 35 rebreed if you want. If she is housed with other rabbits that could also cause her to postpone kindling. You won't know if she has a stuck kit for sure until you see her struggling to pass it or you see it sticking out stuck. That's not something to be worried about yet either....

Ok sorry for being such a nervous wreck and I typically go to see the little baby bunnies and play with them and I just peak in her cage to see if anything has changed. The last time I went out I did it specifically for her. She is housed in a split cage there is a boards between her and the other doe so they can't see each
other *It was an easy fix because of how the hutch is set up* She has her nest box and has built a nest except no fur... She don't go in the box whatsoever right now but I really feel like tomorrow or the next day will be it *Day 30/31* My other doe both times has kindled on day 28 and had good sized babies *Her last litter however sadly died; there was only two and she had them on the wire because I didn't think she was pregnant. She also pulled no fur **One looked like it was trampled the other we tried to save by warming it up in the warm dryer but my stepdad shut the dryer door "accidentally"..**

-- Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:54 pm --

I've been good today I only went out to see her when I gave out food and water... She has got bigger... Like quite a bit... She looks kinda uncomfortable more heavy breathing which earlier could've been heat and she looked exhausted.. The only time she moved was when I petted her cause I accidentally touched her belly instead of back.. <br /><br /> -- Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:57 pm -- <br /><br /> My phone is dead but charging as soon as it's done I'll try and get a pic of her massive roundness... I don't see a way she isn't pregnant cause she's put on the weight. I bred her about midday same as what it would've been last time and she had them one night sometime before 11.. But who knows what it might be this time. I'm just worried she won't use the box and she'll have them on the wire.. Although she has built a nest and hasn't went in the box at all almost as if there's already babies. Still waiting on her to pull fur as well.. Maybe this time she will pull when she has them.. Who knows.. Night 31 here we come.

She kindled this morning only one however we think there may be more... We did kinda pop in on her having babies *Accidentally so I brought in the single baby and I plan to check her again sometime tomorrow morning

Latest posts

Back