Where to buy or make rabbit cages?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RabbitRobbie

Reaction score
I'm just starting my rabbitry. I'm breeding lops. I have 7 rabbits which I'm keeping in hutches right now. Where do you buy rabbit cages wholesale. I want to buy or make wire rabbit cages. Need suggestions

I would suggest searching the forum, since this is discussed pretty often. The main one I see on here is http://www.klubertanz.com/.

They are a little expensive and can take a while to get the cages or wire. I went to Home Depot and used hardware clothe for everything except the bottom. I got that from amazon. I also got my clips and tools there to make the cages. It is a lot of work, but it helps to keep the cost down.

Good luck!

Yes, Klubertanz sells wonderful wire. They can be slow, but their wire is great!

Bass Equipment and Woody's Wabbits also sell cages. No matter who you go with, I recommend 14 gauge GAW (galvanized after weld) 1" x 1/2" wire for the floors. I had to replace my 16 gauge Bass floors after 18 months, but that is not everyone's experience.

Hardware cloth can work for cages that are supported from below, as TheChad's are. If you are hanging your cages, though, you'll need 14 gauge sides and top to support the weight.

it's good sense to add floor spreaders as well.. 30" wides get one spreader..
past 30" use two. These also help extend the life of the 16gauge wire

Latest posts

Back