For those to the north getting late season snow...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karebru

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
No nonsense. Just good flavor. I like to top it with crunched up tortilla chips. ;)

Bunny & Bean Chili
1 lb. rabbit meat, coarse ground with 1/2 lb. uncured bacon
2 medium onions, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1 tbs. olive oil
2 – 10 oz. cans Ro*Tel, “Original” style tomatoes with chili, drained
1 – 15 oz. can tomato sauce
2 tbs. cumin
2 tbs. chili powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. coarse ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
1 – 15 oz. can, kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 – 15 oz. can, black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup water

Heat the oil in a large pot and brown the meat with the onions and peppers. Stir in the tomatoes, seasonings, and water. Bring to a boil, then stir in the beans, turn down the heat and simmer, covered for two hours.

How hot is that and measure in small increments? I have a pepper allergy but I love chili at the right spiciness and meat to tomato ratio. These things are sometimes mutually exclusive. If you just uncap a black pepper shaker at the table I know it. Maybe skip the jalapeno as well. Right now we use a recipe that relies on mild salsa of whatever brand you want for most of the flavor.

akane":59snhs9t said:
How hot is that and measure in small increments? I have a pepper allergy but I love chili at the right spiciness and meat to tomato ratio. These things are sometimes mutually exclusive. If you just uncap a black pepper shaker at the table I know it. Maybe skip the jalapeno as well. Right now we use a recipe that relies on mild salsa of whatever brand you want for most of the flavor.

It's pretty hot. The jalapeno adds a little bit. Maybe the black pepper. The cayenne probably the most out of the three.
I like spicy, but wouldn't use a hotter Ro*Tel tomato than the "original". I believe they make a mild.

Yep... It's pretty spicy. ;)

Back