Re-organizing cages

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powellanimals

Reaction score
I am planning on re-organizing my cages and hutches before the mini convention show this weekend and need some opinions. I currently have mostly Lionheads, a few French Lops, Netherland Dwarfs, and Dwarf Hotots. I have 30 cages outside and 15 cages inside my garage. My French Lops will be kept in the inside cages so they don't have to sit on the wire but I need to figure out whether I want to leave the rest of the inside cages empty and move pregnant does into or would they prefer to stay outside in their own cages and I should fill the indoor cages maybe with young rabbits or my shorthaired breeds (Dwarf Hotot and Netherland dwarfs). All of the cages are large enough to accommodate does and kits (my outdoor hutches have dividers that come out to enlarge the cages if needed). I basically need opinions on whether it would be beneficial for does and kits, young rabbits, or certain breeds to be inside versus outside. The outside hutches are protected from the elements and have wood boxes in them for the rabbits to get out of the wind or hide if need be but they are more susceptible to the temperatures.

Thank you!

Edit-> Located in Central Pennsylvania, summer temperatures in the 80s-90s, winter temperatures in the teens.

My ins and outs depend on size of rabbit mostly, because I don't want to carry heavy trays to empty. I like litters outside too for the same reason. This year I plan on putting my Angoras outside, only because of the size they produce so much poop it quickly clogs the tiny space between the stackers and their metal cages.

Back