What are you feeding right now?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In a spin off of Rainey's post asking about early spring weeds, I thought it might be useful to post names/pics of what people are feeding as the seasons change! (I still haven't figured out what all I have growing in my yard full of weeds, so I know seeing what other people are using would be a huge help for me!)... then others can chime in with encouragement or warnings as needed! <br /><br /> __________ Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:53 pm __________ <br /><br /> Mine have been getting samples of plantain, dandelion, grass (don't ask me what kind, but our yard used to be a hay field and it's the hay I feed my rabbits), new growth of wild blackberry brambles that I am trying to keep at bay in my garden area, clover, and winter peas that are taking off now :roll: . They haven't had much of anything all winter so I am trying to start slow and build them back up to a decent amount each day.

Over the last few weeks I have been switching mine off the pellets for the most part. I feeding grass out of the yard and hay with lots of water. Today was the first day of only hay and grass.

Dandelions, plantains, and the wild roses, which are doing insanely well this year.

Things are just starting to grow here. Thought he winter was mild, there was little vegetation except the occasional piece of kale. Today I snagged some tall grass and dandelion leaves. Pellets will always be the main stay of the diet because I have fur breeds and too many for the land to support, but everyone gets a lot of fresh leaves and greens once the season is up and running.

Latest posts

Back