Thoughts on this girl? Broken Blue Rex cross

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alforddm

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
I'd like to get some opinions on this girl. She was 9weeks 6 days today when I took the pictures and weighted 4lbs 2oz. Part of the reason she grew so well was that this was originally a litter of 10 and the other all died or were culled for health reasons while still in the nestbox. The 4 that remain seem to be super healthy. I may actually keep all 3 of the does, if I can work out the cage space. This one is my favorite. She has super super nice fur. Nicer than some of my pedigree rex and she's only 10 weeks. She is also the one I posted about earlier in the "original grumpy kit" thread. I've since noticed that another kit from the same sire but a different dam has the same grumpy look. So, I've decided it's just a bit of odd face conformation and not something I should be worried about.

I figure she is low/long in the shoulder but I also think her poise is making it look worse than it really is (notice how far forward her feet are). She was fighting me to poise.

__________ Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:19 pm __________

I tried again today to get better pictures. Didn't have much luck lol. She is getting much more relaxed about being handled though.

My thoughts so far are, she had pretty good width, in the shoulders. Her shoulder are long/low, and her rise isn't as good as I would like. Her hocks do seem like they turn in a bit.

People kept telling me I'd know good fur when I felt it. I think her fur is better than my pedigreed bucks or her dams at and she is just 10 weeks.

I'm keeping her and we'll see how things go. Comments are welcome. Your not going to hurt my feelings. I'd rather have you point out something I'm missing than not be aware of it.

The top pictures are the ones I took today. The bottom two are from yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_2589.resized.resized.JPG
    IMG_2589.resized.resized.JPG
    390.5 KB · Views: 1,348
  • IMG_2585.resized.resized.JPG
    IMG_2585.resized.resized.JPG
    332.9 KB · Views: 1,348
  • IMG_2599.resized.JPG
    IMG_2599.resized.JPG
    388 KB · Views: 1,334
  • IMG_2608.resized.JPG
    IMG_2608.resized.JPG
    395 KB · Views: 1,334
  • IMG_2601.resized.JPG
    IMG_2601.resized.JPG
    381.5 KB · Views: 1,334
  • IMG_2607.resized.JPG
    IMG_2607.resized.JPG
    336.2 KB · Views: 1,334
  • IMG_2612.resized.JPG
    IMG_2612.resized.JPG
    203.1 KB · Views: 1,334
I think she is just a bit but it's not as bad as those pictures make it look. When I flipped her over her hocks are just slightly turned from parallel. I didn't manage to get a picture because she wasn't happy and I was trying to hold her so I could look at her hocks.

I know she's not anything stellar compared to the stock some of you have.

she's not a bad rabbit, I was just wanting to check that point.

Sorry if I made you think she wasn't. :) Narrow hips is something I've fought with in my polish so it jumped out at me is all.

looks like nice rex fur to me. I have limited experience with it but it definitely looks awesome in the pics.

as far as body she looks good. I think feet placement is off like she was fidgeting and not wanting to sit in the proper pose. I know I've had that happen haha.

the one pic does look like possibly a little pinched in the hips but cant quite say because her legs do seem to be placed a bit far like she kept moving.

darn rabbits! haha, when ya want them to sit still they move and when you want them to move they sit still!

ladysown":1xlly72c said:
she's not a bad rabbit, I was just wanting to check that point.

Sorry if I made you think she wasn't. :) Narrow hips is something I've fought with in my polish so it jumped out at me is all.

You didn't make me think that. I'm just trying to be as honest as possible, with myself, about her. I used to be a bit barn blind when I was younger, with my horses. That is something I'd like to avoid at all cost. I'd rather think she is worse than she is and know all her faults so that I can breed for improvement, than any of the alternatives. <br /><br /> __________ Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:07 pm __________ <br /><br />
ohiogoatgirl":1xlly72c said:
looks like nice rex fur to me. I have limited experience with it but it definitely looks awesome in the pics.

Thank you for this. I still don't have alot of experience with the rex but her fur does feel nicer than even my pedigreed rex.

My only thoughts, other than how pretty is she, is what an odd face. My Rex all have camel faces and hers is so nice and round.

She really is pretty!

the fur does look good. she looks to be a bit long in the shoulder, the peak of her hips is too far forward, but there is something to work with, she is nice and wide in shoulder and hips.

Latest posts

Back