Bunny Miscarriage?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButtonsPalace

Reaction score
I really don't know what to make the subject of this but I'm going to go ahead and say if this has typos it's because I've had a rough morning and haven't ate yet so I'm waiting for it as I type all sugar dropping shakey like. Ok so my problem is apparently one of our hutches *The one with the two pregnant does got knocked over in the wind. It had once before in a different location in a different position so we moved it in a way it would be propped up but the wind got the better of us and knocked down the hutch. Both of the girls look fine *No body damage or anything I checked them over* It appears to me that when the hutch was falling the door came up and they booked it... I kinda think the door may have opened before from the wind so I need to watch the door and make sure it don't come open. We have not moved the hutch but instead they used a tie down strap and hooked it to the fence *It's leaning up against the fence and this fence is like at least 7 foot probably *it comes way up over my head and I'm like 5''7'* So it's not going anywhere now. Basically what I'm asking is do you guys think they are going to be ok? They look a bit shook up but both of them are still eating and drinking and such. Their bellies look about same maybe a bit bigger than the day before yesterday *I had a working interview yesterday so my boyfriend took care of my buns for me and I wasn't told about the hutch thing till this morning* Everyone looks ok I just wanna make sure they ain't gonna like miscarry or anything like that and if they do I wanna make sure I'm there so nothing goes wrong. <br /><br /> -- Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:47 pm -- <br /><br /> I want everyone to know I've done thorough checks of them and only the one is missing some fur near her face but since now I know the hutch fell with them in it I think her face fur might have got caught but she is missing little patches from both sides. I kinda think her friend might've tried to pull her out...* I did attempt to separate them with a partition in the cage **There is a slot in the middle for a thin piece of wood to go through** but with the partition they tried to bite and scratch through as well as they were sniffing it and looked very panicked.*

Just keep an eye on them for a while. Try to keep stress to a minimum. When are they due to kindle?

And separate them now, before any litters. You could end up with a disaster if you don't. And don't plan on housing them together again. After kindling, it might not work.

Um it's a week from this coming Sunday and then the other is like 5 days later. Last time the white one had kits and the gray one aborted so the gray one helped the white one with her babies by grooming and feeding and she took some of the stress of the new momma and her nipples full of milk... Plus white momma's nipples looked pretty sore as the kits got older they were pretty rough on her!

You have gotten good advice, separate them and keep their stress down. The one who will be moved to a new cage should be moved asap, so that she can get used to things before she kindles. In my experience, its never a good idea to house rabbits together unless in a colony type situation where they can get away and have some space to themselves. If you need one to help with feedings, you can easily slip a kit or two into the others nest box without them knowing, if the kits are close to the same age. Moms usually dont care. But if you continue to keep them together you will leave yourself open for much more trouble than whats its worth. If you did have a past situation that seemed to work out, that very well could be a one time thing. Hard to say for sure what will happen, and I hate to hear about a problem occurring that could have been avoided.

Thanks macksmom98 I actually kept them in the same cage and put the divider in and they seem fine with it. They were both bored so I gave out Pine but everything is great here

Oh divider is good:). Hope it all goes well and you have healthy babies soon, keep us posted!

Only got one week left and my white doe isn't showing much yet but my gray doe is very obviously pregnant even though she isn't due for I believe a week and a half *Breed her 3-5 days after white doe**I have it wrote down** The gray doe is showing which means she will probably have a big litter like she did her first time where she had 10 thankfully this time around I more knowledge and experience and will hopefully be able to keep all kits alive *That's my goal*

Back