Export favorites from Windows 10?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Easy Ears

Reaction score
Computer problems everywhere! :lol:
I've been trying to find out how to export my favorites for some time now. Just when I learned how to do it on windows 8, I update to windows 10. :| Anyway, on windows 8 I was able to convert them to bookmarks and then save them on my flash drive. I can't figure out how to do anything but import favorites in windows 10. :shock: I have a TON of stuff saved in favorites, and if my computer crashes, I'll loose it aaaaallll. :| Anybody have an answer? :)

Easy Ears":35qbmz24 said:
Computer problems everywhere! :lol:
I've been trying to find out how to export my favorites for some time now. Just when I learned how to do it on windows 8, I update to windows 10. :| Anyway, on windows 8 I was able to convert them to bookmarks and then save them on my flash drive. I can't figure out how to do anything but import favorites in windows 10. :shock: I have a TON of stuff saved in favorites, and if my computer crashes, I'll loose it aaaaallll. :| Anybody have an answer? :)

Not only do I breed rabbits, but I'm a computer nerd for the past 30-so years. :)

When you say "Favorites" are you referring to bookmarks of pages that you visit on the internet? If your answer is yes, which web browser are you using? Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, or something else.

Are you trying to get your favorites from the flash drive and into Windows 10? Or are you trying to back up what you have saved as favorites in Windows 10?

I can help you for sure. I just need more information and then I can walk you through what to do. :)

----------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and go off your title "FROM Windows 10"

If you are using Internet Explorer:
Click the little star in the upper left corner of the screen (it's gray)
Click the drop down (down arrow) next to "Add to favorites"
Select "Import and export........"
Put the dot in "Export to File", click "Next" and follow the steps from there.

If you are using Chrome:
Click the stacked 4 horizontal lines that are in the upper right corner of the browser window.
A box will appear. Click on "Bookmarks"
Click on "Bookmark manager"
Pull the drop down arrow next to the word "Organize"
"Export bookmarks to an HTML file....."
Follow the steps from there.

If you are using Firefox:
Great instructions at this link:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/re ... -move-them

:)

jimmywalt":3f3kc1jw said:
I can help you for sure. I just need more information and then I can walk you through what to do. :)

Thanks! :)
I am trying to save my "bookmarks" (In favorites form right now) onto a flashdrive, FROM windows 10.
I'm using Microsoft Edge, and when I click on the star there is no import, export button. Going into favorites setting the only option is to import. Hope you can help!

Back