New Breed...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bad Habit

Reaction score
12938108_209414042764515_5447320959476403876_n.jpg

12924468_209414039431182_5541701129430613575_n.jpg

Look!! Babies that aren't lionheads!!!

alforddm":5onp9nq6 said:
I remember you talking a while back about getting a different breed but I don't remember seeing what you ever decided. Mini Rex?

I actually didn't really decide. I wanted to get 2 or 3 individuals of different breeds I was considering to see how I meshed with the breed(most breeds I've tried, I've jumped in with both feet then found that I didn't really connect with the breed.)

However, as I was starting to look into that plan, I had someone offer me a mini rex doe, her litter of 6 and 2 bucks(the sire of her litter, and the product of a previous litter with the sire). It was a good price, and with 6 babies, I was guaranteed to make my investment back right away(breeder knew I intended to sell most, if not all, the kits, she was selling out of rabbits and just wanted them gone.)

Well, they were not show quality stock as I had been led to believe, which sucked. I started making arrangements to sell them all, but found that I was enjoying the breed. So decided to look into buying show stock after I'd sold the ones I had.

Sadly, a friend of mine had to sell out of her rabbits, but she had the most adorable MR buck I'd ever seen, that I'd fallen in love with and had told her if ever she sold him, I was to be contacted first.

So, I ended up with her MR trio, and sold all the original MR(well, there's still 3 of the kits in my shed, but 2 are being picked up today). Chocolate tri buck, harlequin doe and broken chocolate doe. I also picked up another doe at an auction with the intent of showing her, however she has a white toenail :( The breeder has promised me a replacement from a future litter though, AND I get to keep the doe with the white toenail for use in my tri project. I may still try to show her in hopes of at least getting comments on her type.

So now I have a bunch of MR, 2 litters in the nest(bred before I got them) and one on the way(the first litter I've bred myself).

Plus I obviously still have my lions. Had a litter born yesterday, in fact, and 2 more on the way!!

Latest posts

Back