Questions about fodder and pellet diet

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozemba

Reaction score
So... I have bought wheat seeds for use as fodder. I don't know how much pellets to keep feeding the buns as I introduce the fodder.

Do I just feed the same until I notice weight gain, then take it down a notch? I'm not even sure how much the two buns are eating, momma bun and kits are eating freechoice pellets. I fill it up whenever it's empty.

Oh, the kits are 16 days old now, do I need to try and start getting them to use the water bottle, maybe put a crock in so they have easy access at first? I've caught them nibbling on things, not quite eating per say, but definitely trying everything out.

I feed Purina Rabbit Chow Complete. 17.99 for 50# from TSC. The fodder I would like to grow just as another green option in their diets, I don't do too well with actually growing plants, but the seeds do all the work if it's just for fodder.

The fodder feeding charts suggest only 3 oz. of fodder per bun (6% of bun body weight). How do I work out the amount of dry grains I need to soak in order to get the right amount of final product? Since I am still feeding pellets, I think I'm not supposed to even give them that much...

I need another scale. Mine went off the deep end and wouldn't do what the buttons I was pushing said it was supposed to.. (couldn't zero it)

Latest posts

Back