Possible pregnant dog

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol definitely a rabbit dog lol

MoonSpirtMom: She still seems fine running, chasing birds ect. She ate yesterday but I haven't seen her eat today. All she is doing is sleeping or following me around the house until I sit down so she can cudde up with me and go to sleep. I talked to my vet yesterday. Doesn't seem to worried as of now since the dog is still acting find and not in any signs of discomfort. Just told me to watch for any stuff leaking from her and make sure it's not either discolored or has a smell. Or also if she is in labour and doesn't have a puppy or shows signs how destress. If so bring her in ASAP. She did tell me to keep checking her temp every hour or so. So I have been doing just that.

Here is her temps:
1/24= 100.1
1/25= 99.9, 99.9, 100.0
1/26= 99.9, 100.1
1/27= 99.6
Then the thermometer broke so had to get a new one.
1/29= 99.6, 99.8, 99.5, 99.8, 99.7, 100.4
1/30= 99.4, 99.4, 99.8
I'm still checking her temp every hour or two

Yeah I guess so. I told my sister n law everything today. She said just watch her.

I took her out to potty and excerise which she loved but now back inside and sleeping. I plan on checking her temp here in about 20mins or so. I checked her with a stethoscope again and I heard that fast beating again so I'm sure there is a puppy in there unless I'm going crazy and making myself thing I'm hearing a faster beat but I doubt that.

I was hoping that since my doe had kits... the dog would have welped today too! but nope... guess not!

How nuts is this! could she have conceived later then you sister thinks? thats the only thing i can think of! besides a false pregnancy. has her nipples swelled at all?

anything today?
Has her stomach dropped yet? Just like with women a dogs belly will drop leaving her to look sunk in at the rib area, also her vulva will swell like it did when she was in heat and their will be a clear mucus. Belles temp always dropped to 97-98 degrees 24 hours before labor. Your friend really should get an x-ray, if it is a small/singleton litter the pup may be too large to pass through the canal, and may need a C-section.

MoonSpirtMom: congratulations on your litter of bunnies. As far for the dog she may of cnceieved later but I don't know since she isn't mean. I'm not sure if my sister knows either but she may. I will have to ask her. Her nipples have colostrum in and looks like some maybe getting milk. I don't want to squeeze them to much just in case she is pregnant. The puppy will need that good stuff. I thought about maybe her conceiving on a different day so I looked up how long sperm can last and it said 5-7 days. So I counted 7 days then from that day counted 63. Today would mark the 63 day if I counted correctly. As for the beating sound I heard I talked to a vet. She said I could be hearing blood flow which I never knew you could hear or it can indeed be a puppy. Only way to be sure is to bring her in. So I called my sister an told her.

JessicaR: nothing today. Checked temp this morning it's 99.6. I don't know if I will be able to notice if her stomach drops since if she is pregnant it would only be one pup. I have been keeping a eye on her vulva because I read that they swell like when coming into heat. I also been checking for any mucus or liquid coming from her vulva but nothing. She seems fine running around, jumping and being a normal jack russell. She does sleep a lot though. The only thing I can think of is the vet is right and what I heard was a arterie/blood flow and she is having a false pregnancy.

Yes it is and it's not even my dog. I can just imagine if she was I would be crazy by now.

Have you ever heard of hearing blood flow? If so does it sound like a heartbeat?

well I've heard my own blood flow while pregnant .. Midwife was looking for baby and would get mine heartbeat/blood flow "oop thats not baby! that's you!" lol so i guess its possible. pregnancy makes you have much more blood flow then normal.. so i don't see how it wouldn't be similar with dogs

Ok. Well I finally was able to palpate her with her actually being still. I didn't feel nothing but a empty belly. So I don't think she is pregnant. And for what I heard was just her blood flow. Sad no puppies but I'm glad.

Latest posts

Back