A hide breaking device thought I had

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GBov

Reaction score
So I have been pondering that hide breaker that is somewhere in this (how-are-rabbit-hides-processed-commercially-t24045.html) thread. I couldnt be bothered to search it out as time is limited this morning. :oops: :lol:

But anyway, the engine part of it has been eluding me a bit as I am NOT mechanicle in any way. The wood working bit I think I can handle but the engine, not so much.

Then the idea struck in the night!

How about using a treadmill? They are cheap enough on CL and the box with stampers could be bolted onto one end and the engine attached via belts on the other. Compact, inexpensive and quiet.

:D

Any thoughts most welcome on my idea, my eldest son and I hope to try making one this summer.

Zass":vuq50qud said:
Any chance you can make up a little drawing to show me what you imagined?
I sure can try. How would I post it? <br /><br /> __________ Wed May 25, 2016 10:24 am __________ <br /><br /> No joy with the drawing it but...................

Here is the link to the hide breaker I started with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy2Da8uo5dU so if you imagine it bolted in place where the tread mill walking bit is - walking bit removed of course, other wise the box is going to go sliding away fast :lol: - and instead of a rackety engine it would have a belt attaching to the bit in the tread mill that use to run the walking belt thingy but now will power the hide stamping bits instead.

Its really clear in my head but putting it to paper and then to computer and then to forum, not a chance! :lol:

The most diff. bit I can see is making the offset bar to run the stamping wood blocks inside. But I think I will be giving a try to making this contraption as while a dryer works really well for fryer hides it doesnt work all that great with prime hides and I have some raccoon hides to do as well so need to go a step higher with my gear.

Latest posts

Back