Register

Three bucks will only "go" once each!!!

Understand why your rabbits behave the way they do - and what you can do about it.
2 years of membership2 years of membership
Slovenia
BunnyBucks: 1,050.00

Re: Three bucks will only "go" once each!!!

Post Number:#16  Unread postby Nika » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:11 am

macksmom98 wrote:What I find even more confusing is that supposedly multiple covers are better, but really the doe has the most effect on the size of litter.....I read that on a post I had been commenting on here a while back. I took from it that to get the best chances of a good litter, you need a doe that will have a lot of eggs and multiple fall offs combined, but if you don't it doesn't mean you won't have a nice litter.

Yes, but lets say better safe than sorry. And, for the bucks sake, there is no harm if he gladly cleans his pipe thoroughly :mrgreen:

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 11,495.00

Post Number:#17  Unread postby GBov » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:40 am

So my doe getting attacked by the second buck was a one off then? I havnt wanted to try that again as I only just got her out in time to prevent major damage. :x

Having now done the rabbit calculator (in another thread) and been reliably informed that I need more does I will be setting up more cages this week. Will be keeping two of my Angora project as meat mutts instead of Angoras and will try them with the different bucks breeding method.

Its funny how many different ways one gets with rabbits and all of them right if it gives one kits. :D

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 9,729.00

Post Number:#18  Unread postby ohiogoatgirl » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:50 am

GBov I have had the multiple bucks breeding right after another.. Twice it worked and twice it didn't. luckily each time I was standing at the ready with something to safely (for myself and both rabbits) shove between the rabbits in case things turned bad. lucky for me on the twice it did and I could quickly interrupt and remove the doe.

Also I want to say that both of the times the second buck was the same, the one who decided to get scrappy. I might be mis-remembering but I want to say both times was that stupid black mini lop buck who turned into an all around buttface and was gone quickly.

So it might be particular bucks that don't go for that either. I do know that the first time I did the two buck trick was with a mutt buck of unknown age. I wanted to see if he would get a successful litter and the doe at the time I didn't mind if she didn't take. the bucks cages were right next to each other and I took the doe to the young buck, who was half interested but totally confused.. poor guy.. So I took her to the older proven buck and let them go at it a moment but retrieved the doe before he could get lined up. The older buck wasn't happy with that but he got another girlfriend when I was finished ;)
The doe then went back over to the young buck and had a couple successful fall offs once I nudged his butt over so he was on her and facing the right way! hahaha.
Sometimes I think about how insane people are these days... I mean I am crazy.. but I am the good crazy.. My crazy makes crafts and feeds animals and makes adorable baby animals and feeds people...

FIND ME ON YOUTUBE! http://www.youtube.com/user/girlwalkswi ... ature=mhee
CHECK OUT MY ETSY! http://www.etsy.com/shop/ImperfectlyCreated

Site Supporter
3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
United States of America Male
BunnyBucks: 7,980.00

Post Number:#19  Unread postby michaels4gardens » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:28 am

I house my bucks right next to each other,- being able to "hate, or resent" each other through the wire, and see and smell the neighbor buck breeding, helps overcome breeding laziness.
- maybe this is why I have never had a buck attack a doe after being bred by his competitor. [but of course I raise "meat mutts" not designer rabbits...]
Seed Garlic, http://www.Mountainvalleygarlic.com , https://www.facebook.com/Mountain-Valle ... 254347988/,
hard neck garlic varieties for fall planting.
meat-mutt rabbits, a few laying hens, and too many ducks..
https://vimeo.com/176370337?ref

Previous