chocolate project progress, cavy

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akane

Reaction score
My really really dark chocolate sow that was born premature did manage to have 3 pups safely. I waited until I thought she wasn't going to grow much more and put her with a medium sized red boar instead of my big chocolate. I have been worrying about her the past few weeks but while playing musical guinea pig cages tonight I found 2 brindle red/black and 1 chocolate so dark I had to put it in better light with more camera flash to tell for sure.

End of winter was good after I complained all fall of not getting sows and all beginning of winter that I wasn't getting pups anymore. All these are female except maybe 1 or 2 pups not old enough to sort yet. There's a scattering of small litters in a couple other cages too.

Pretty pretty! They always look so shiny - are they as silky smooth/soft IRL as they look in pics?

A lady at the F&G store we go to was trying to send me home with one that had come from a family with young children - she seemed sweet, but had to just walk away.... just wwwwaaaaallllllk away :lol:

The pups are really soft. The standard coat adults are just smooth. There's some teddy coats up there which are a weird fuzzy. Even the husky likes rubbing her nose on them cause they feel weird. :lol:

Back