Introducing Odysseus

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lain

Reaction score
I just really wanted to post some pictures of my newest friend Odyseus S. Grant. He is a lionhead weighing in at a whopping 2 pounds. After literally a week of trial and error names, I basically went back to the first name I called him. It was first 'Grant' after Ulysses S. Grant. Now I have finally settled on 'Odysseus' who's Latin name is 'Ulysses' funny how things work out, huh? So after so many names he is henceforth known as 'Odysseus S. Grant'! I am just weird and names her fur-friends after mythological and historical figures! Oh! A fun factoid- the 'S' in Ulysses S. Grant's name was an error and it literally stands for nothing, originally, he finally gave up trying to correct it lol.

:pancake:

I hope you all don't mind me posting pictures here! I am just jumping the wagon! It has been a long time since I have had a rabbit so I am sure to have many questions to start!

Attachments

• ResizeOdy2.jpg
    ResizeOdy2.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 1,704
  • ResizeOdy1.jpg
    ResizeOdy1.jpg
    456.4 KB · Views: 1,704
I love the convolutions it took to settle on his name! We take forever to name our pets, too. The name has to fit just right. :)

What is the beautiful kitty's name?

Aw! He is such a little cutie! and what a big name for such a little guy! My rabbit Olaf also has a big name. His full name is Olaf Bay-max. The Bay-max part is from big hero six and the Olaf part is from Frozen:)

Ohh the list of names he had before I just picked up on of my favorite books (the Odyssey) and found a name lol. He was, for a time, known as 'Buu' like from DBZ XD and Leviathan (the seas monster) Odysseus fits him very well! He is a real sweety, even though I think we still have a 'language barrier' cause I am so used to my 'Dog colored glasses' and my 'Cat colored glasses' I need to forge a pair of 'Rabbit colored glasses' :lol:

That little girl is Noel, she is a kitten my Dad picked off the middle of the road. She was 'Leon' for a time, until the Vet flipped her over and looked at me with "You had a 50% chance, Lain." XD I love my vet. So I just mirrored Leon to Noel on the spot. It worked cause it was during the Christmas season and I love Christmas <3

Odysseus was watching TV with me (and the dogs) last night on the couch, he was free to move about on the couch, the dogs weren't there on the couch to bother him, but he stayed on my lap the whole time! Well, lap and chest. The only thing that really kind of freaked me out (a little) was that he would stretch out over me, put his face in mine and stare like |--| that close! I have no idea what it was! I was actually a bit intimidated but I let him do what he needed. He didn't show and signs off aggression or make any sounds. He would sit back and groom himself before doing it again. He only did it a couple times. So I did what I thought may be a good response- I 'groomed' myself in reply XD Any idea what that was?? XD Bunny approval or Bunny dominance? Let me borrow your Bunny shades XD

Also! Olaf- Those are some really cute names for your Buns! <3 I saw both those films, they are so cute XD

Back