Happy Bunny pic...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneAcreFarm

Reaction score
Here is Miss Padme, munching down on her helping of mixed greens. (white clover, grass, dollar weed, plantain, mock strawberry, small bit of young dock)

IMG00031-20110331-1930.jpg

All the buns love it, but she is my best eater! Funny that she is the one that bit me! :mrgreen:

Yes, in spite of the bite, she is our favorite :D Destined to be rotten, I guess! :lol: It's funny, now that I know what to look for, I see "rabbit food" everywhere I look! Even driving, I think, Oooh! I could stop and get some of that! ... :mrgreen:

Yes, and then I am thinking..."wonder if they would mind if I picked some?" or "where can I pull over to get out and get some of that?" or "ooh, wonder if THAT is edible?" :lol: I have a bucket and I just wander around the yard and pull stuff randomly. We are already mowing lawns here....

In France and Italy they never have to mow the edge of the roads. Families come by daily and trim it with hand sickles for rabbit food. Certain stretches of road "belong" to certain families and they get very upset if someone poaches "their" territory.

e careful collecting from roadsides!!! You do not know what may have been sprayed on the plants!!!! And, depending on the soil, vehicular waste may be taken up by the root systems!!!

That's a good point, Terry.

Here they don't spray the roadsides any more, thank goodness... They occasionally cut them instead. I don't like to gather from roadsides anyway, because of the exhaust, but seeing mile after mile of good weeds makes it very tempting!

My thoughts exactly...who knows what kind of pollutants those plants have absorbed?

Latest posts

Back