My Lop is..????

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Morning all! I got a lop a while back. I traded one of my cross does for her. I was told that she is a Holland Lop. When I weighted her she is close to 8lbs. Which I thought was really large for a Holland. The tips of her ears were chewed off by a litter mate before I got her. Her nose is also sort of smashed looking like a pugs. The woman also told me she is almost a year old.

I am wanting to see if you guys think she is a Holland, or what she could be?

(pervious owners picture.)
81af4rb.jpg

(my picture)
24Wuzkb.jpg

Holland are supposed to top out at 4 pounds

Mini Lops at 6.5

French Lops senior weight must be over 10 lb and have no upper limit :cheesysmile:

So I vote for a French cross ;)

As soon as I saw you were on Dood, I knew you'd be all over this post, haha. I was texting Powellanimals last night, and she voted French as well, the only thing that wasn't matching up was Bertha's weight.

The woman I got her from said she was purebred, BUT this woman couldn't seem to get her facts straight about quite a few things so I am now starting to doubt her word.

Bertha's crown, ears, and nose REALLY look that of a French.

I just found this pic online, and it really looks just like Bertha except a few off markings on her coat.

DSC_0022%20(640x416).jpg

I am happy with her no matter what, but I am unsure how long I will keep her. She was given to me breed, and never took. The buck she was bred to died 3 days after I got her. I bred her again shortly after I confirmed she was not pregnant. I gave her a feel 10 days after breeding, and left lumps. So I am really hoping she took, because I have plans to bred her with a friends Blue Mini Lop buck, he is gorgeous! Blue eyes, blue coat. (drools) Would love to see what he, and Bertha make.

Also Dood I am tempted to ask you if you could teach me about genetics, and pin pointing key features in identifying rabbit breeds. I tried teaching myself, and it is NOT going well at all. I sit, and stare at whatever site I find about genetics, and I hear this buzzing sound in my head, and I'm like... I'll go do heart surgery. That seems easier, :lol:

Back