Why does junior holland lop buck pee on us?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmywalt

Reaction score
A few weeks ago we got a holland lop buck that was born on 12/9/15. Every time we open the door to his cage to feed him he will turn really quick and spray us. He has been doing this for about the last 4 days, and he does it every time. It's a huge pain in the rear. How can we stop him from doing this, and why is he doing it? We have never had a buck that did this in the past.

They are some does near by. One is in the stackable cage above him, and one in a cage right beside him, but he can't see either one, and they are older.

Is he wanted to get with the girls, or is something else up with him? Thank you.

My holland buck did that when hit puberty. He never grew out of it. Apparently he loved me so much he aimed for my face every time I was in the bunny shed.

Moved him on to a family he didn't love as much as he loved me and all is well again. <br /><br /> -- Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:07 am -- <br /><br /> spraying-junior-buck-t26718.html

He loves you! :bouncy:

Unfortunately, it isn't as fun for you as it is for him. :?

It may decrease with age, or if you move the does away, or it may never decrease no matter what. :(

Back