how we make our pans--with photos

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainey

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
In Redmist's thread "homemade pans" I tried to describe what we use and how we make them. Today my son and a friend made 4 new pans for the cages we'll need as soon as everybunny kindles and the kits are out of the nestboxes. We took photos that I hope will make it clear how to do it because I am not so good at describing this sort of thing and son is off to the woods to bring out pine logs (and he isn't fond of writing)

Our cages are all 30'' inches deep and the new ones will all be 4' long, so the pans are made for that size. Your cage size and sizes available for sheets of metal in your area may vary. We make the pans so they extend a couple inches all around the cage and then the "lip" or rim may vary from 2 to 5 inches. On these pans the ends have higher edges than the sides, but that is just because that's how it worked with the size sheets we had.

IMG_9130.jpg

IMG_9132.jpg

IMG_9134.jpg

IMG_9135.jpg

IMG_9136.jpg

Rainey":1kwgely6 said:
Miss M":1kwgely6 said:
Would you like for me to reverse them for you? :)

That would be very kind. Do they always appear in reverse order to how you add them? Or did I do something wrong that made them do that?
No problem at all. :)

Yes, they will always appear in reverse order, unless you click "place inline" under each one, in the order you want them (which the list will still be reversed, you'll see that next time you do it).

Rainey":ibnbbeki said:
Do they always appear in reverse order to how you add them? Or did I do something wrong that made them do that?

That used to happen to me when I first joined Rt- as you know, I am somewhat challenged when it comes to computer "stuff"- and I *think* it was when I loaded multiple photos prior to placing them "in line." :?

Anyway... now I just Browse, Upload Attachment, and Place Inline where I want it, and then get the next attachment.

Humph! Miss M beat me to the post!

Still, I will let my personal attachment journey stand, so you know that you are not alone in your struggles. ;)

Where can you find sheets of metal? I just need something to make 3 dividers in my carrier. 9" x 18" each (three of them).

Thank you.

jimmywalt":4jspmwa4 said:
Where can you find sheets of metal? I just need something to make 3 dividers in my carrier. 9" x 18" each (three of them).

Thank you.

Look for metal flashing in the roofing department of a hardware store. The link below shows a 10" x 10' roll. Personally, I would fold the extra 1" over to give a smooth edge rather than cut it so that there are no sharp edges when you reach into the carriers.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_366892-18591-AV ... 99740&pl=1

We got our sheets from our local building supply, had to special order it because it is just the metal used for roofing, but before it is stamped so it is just flat. We've gotten it in panels that are 40" wide and lengths from 10.5' to 14.5' What you can get may vary.

Latest posts

Back