Shy Buck?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButtonsPalace

Reaction score
So I bought a dwarf buck today. My does are quite a bit bigger but after I clipped his overgrown nails I placed him out to meet the girls and he immediately backed into a corner while they sniffed him. He is a good bit smaller but I would say big enough to mount. If not I'll get a bigger buck and a smaller doe *Bigger buck for bigger does; smaller doe for little buck* Could he be shy? Should I try putting them in with him? Is there anything I can do to get him to mate?

If you just brought him home today I would say he just needs to adjust. They don't show stress a whole lot but really are easily stressed. It is possible he has had a bad experience with other rabbits that is causing him to act that way, but I bet if you get him settled and eating and drinking well and try it again he will likely act different. Word of caution-it's risky to bring in new rabbits and most suggest a month quarantine before you try to put them together.....you can't be sure what he has been exposed to and I have personally had mine get sick about 3 weeks into quarantine, and ended up being glad I did it. And that gives new buns time to become familiar with their new surroundings:)

Latest posts

Back