How much is enough?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneAcreFarm

Reaction score
So my buns are now noshing on white clover, plantain, burr clover, and wild strawberry. They LOVE it! Here is my question...how much should they get in addition to 4-6oz of 16% protein pellets? Also, I picked up some Calf Manna...it smells like licorice! Anybody else notice that?

Unless the rabbits are total piggies, you should see a slight lessening of their appetite for pellets. The more weeds and hay they consume, the less they will want of pellets and/or grain. At least, that's what happened here and I've heard other people say the same thing.

I give my rabbits about as much greens as they will eat. I feed twice a day, during the early morning and late evening times when rabbits are most active. I like to see just a little left in the morning so I know they've had all they want. That little bit goes on my compost heap. I agree with Maggie. I keep pellets in the feeder at all times but they barely nibble at them. They seem to be in just about the right condition. A bit plump but not fat.

Back