New rabbits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
On Friday eve we brought our rabbits home 2 1.5 y.o new Zealand doe 1 1.5 y.o cali buck and a couple 8 week old bunnies. I tried breeding them sat morning the buck tried a few times then just laid down with both doe. should I give then more time are they stressed. I checked there vulva 1 was red 1 was more pale. Any advice is appreciated thanks in advance....

Welcome to RT!

Where are you located? (there's a spot to enter it in in your profile info so others can see - doesn't have to be specific, just something general for an idea on climate and things like that).

I know a lot of rabbits are just now getting started with breeding after winter.... they might just need a little bit of time. Even if you didn't see an actual fall off with the buck, write the date down for your records. I have had rabbits end up pregnant even without the buck sealing the deal.

Pine Ridge Mini Farm":2r8cromq said:
I live on the north shore of massachusetts

It's surprising how much a little thing like where you're located can impact the responses you get to problems or questions.

Adding that information to your profile can make quite a difference. Thanks!

There are several threads that discuss methods of putting rabbits in the mood. Raspberry tea, ACV, placing them in adjoining pens, swapping pens, neutral pens, providing supplemental lighting, and my all-time favorite: placing the doe in a travel carrier and taking her for a 20- or 30-minute ride!

Welcome, and best of luck to you!

Latest posts

Back