Where can you get rabbit carrier dividers (cheap)?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmywalt

Reaction score
Where can you find the dividers for rabbit carriers as inexpensive as possible?

I've looked at plexi-glass, but around me it's pretty expensive. What else can be used that is also removable if I need to?

My carrier is 18" deep and 9" tall. I need about 3 dividers that size.

The dividers look like the red things in the picture below. Thank you.

divider.jpg

Walmart, in the Stationary section or school where the white/black plastic board for posters is. It should be beside the normal poster board. Its like 3 bucks a sheet. I would not suggest using with alone, must have wire behind it to take any rabbit punishment but other wise its worked well for me. I couldn't afford 15 plus bucks a sheet of the stuff I originally looked at.

jimmywalt":3kfjhd6w said:
What else can be used that is also removable if I need to?

You can make any divider removable if you simply attach it with zip ties. I have several 4-hole carriers that I modify into 3-holes (or even 2-holes, depending on how many entries I have) if I am going to a show where I know the rabbits are going to be showing or traveling for more than two days to give the larger rabbits a bit more room to stretch out.

You can use cage wire, metal flashing, or even the plastic wall board (commonly used in commercial bathrooms) cut to fit. The light panels used for recessed fluorescent tube lights is another option. If using some type of plastic it might be wise to have it reinforced by a cage wire divider as Rebel Rose suggested.

The main reason for solid dividers is to keep the rabbits from chewing their neighbor's fur. I have both wire dividers and solid, and have (knock on wood!) never had a rabbit chew fur, but it is probably only a matter of time before it happens. ;)

Not removable, but my double carriers have a double layer of wire with a 2 inch gap. Stuff it with hay, and you have a solid divider and hay feeder all in one. I can't take credit for the idea, but I like it and it's cheap.

Back