Now is the time to sell your "bunny berries"!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted large feed bags of mixed rabbit waste for $7/bag and I have several people interested.
I'm surprised, honestly... but we'll see if they actually buy them or not.

I sold some today. $2/a half bag. I know.. I'm cheap...but I want it gone, not setting around. :) I collect on days I don't feed hay and it's works well for me. Sold out of everything I collected over the winter in the spring, and today I sold out of what I've collected over the summer. Who knows what the fall will bring. :)

MSD,
I just copied some of your ad to put my own ad up on craigslist. I thank you for sharing. In the past I sell by the truckload, but wanted to try this time selling it bagged for small money. It is maybe a tad late in the season, but you wouldn't know with this weather.
I just had my daughter help me fill buckets to dump on our garden. Forty buckets later I told her if we sold them $3-$5 each we would have some nice pocket change. Being my pile is still large enough to share I decided to try it out. $3 each for a bagged 5 gallon bucket, or 4 bags for $10. Will update with results. <br /><br /> __________ Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:29 pm __________ <br /><br /> Well, that went over cruddy. I know why I sell by the truckload, because it's a real pain dealing with a lot of individual nothings. I must of had about 10-15 responses over the month, and all added up to not a single berry sold. "Is it available, when can I come get a couple bags?", was one of the most common. After saying plenty and giving # to set up time, never hear from them again. I'll give it another chance in spring for more frustration.

Wow, I am really surprised, ZRab! Keep your ad up because responses seem to come in waves.

I sold 10 bags a couple of weeks ago to a repeat customer (for $7 a bag), another 10 just a couple of days ago for another $70, have someone else picking up another 10 or more soon who will be driving 2 1/2 hours one way to buy it, and just got yet another inquiry today!

Don't think that planting season is already here in California, either... I usually see tomato plants and other vegetable plants at nurseries and Home Depot type stores in April.

You might want to encourage people to "Buy now to enhance your soil for spring planting! Mulching with bunny berries will warm your soil so that your seeds will be able to germinate earlier in the season!"

It is all about marketing- and TRUTH in marketing if you want repeat buyers. ;)

Oh yeah, I forgot the several scam attempts I had to deal with. They were similar to each other, in that they wanted me to immediately remove the ad, which they would pay me to do. Then of course they couldn't come and get it right away, but they would send me a certified check for the manure. Are you kidding me? They needed my address and other info to send the payment as soon as possible. Can't believe people these days.

Anyway I put the ad up and had someone respond they wanted to know if they could get 16 bags if it was available and a day to pick it up. I said yeah and gave number to arrange and have heard nothing since. <br /><br /> __________ Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:14 pm __________ <br /><br /> Made my first sale by the bag, WOOOHOOO! Sold 16 bags(buckets worth per bag). Didn't think there would be interest this time of year.

4 bags for $10, or $3 a piece. <br /><br /> __________ Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:03 pm __________ <br /><br /> Been selling manure decent here of late. 28 bags last week and 32 this week. Pile is getting small. Much better than last year already, and its still February. Thanks for giving me the push to hang in there, MSD.

Giving it away here at $1 a bag. A few dozen no shows. Keep plodding away till it's gone.

I have sold out, over 100 bags last month. Currently saving up for a 50 bag order, and then a truckload order after that. So I know where my poo is going for a while. Suddenly I don't mind the feed bill as much.

ZRab":1vv6jehk said:
Been selling manure decent here of late. 28 bags last week and 32 this week. Pile is getting small. Much better than last year already, and its still February. Thanks for giving me the push to hang in there, MSD.
ZRab":1vv6jehk said:
I have sold out, over 100 bags last month. Currently saving up for a 50 bag order, and then a truckload order after that. So I know where my poo is going for a while. Suddenly I don't mind the feed bill as much.

:mbounce: :wbounce: :mbounce: :wbounce: :mbounce: :wbounce:

:congratulations:

*Smug grin* I told ya so. :wr_noseinair: :wr_power: :wr_star:

I need to repost my ad- no doubt it will fly off the shelves right now! I actually upped my prices and am still selling. Once you develop a market and the laws of supply and demand kick in (and it sounds like you are already there!) raise your price per bag. :mrgreen:

All bags are gone now, but I have more manure and more people asking. I have no more tyvek bags. Anyone have a solution for heavy wet, manure? Too cold to dry (not for this price anyway).

Latest posts

Back