• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rabbit Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Stolen Holland Lops in Michigan

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dangerbunny

Reaction score
We had several rabbits stolen from our barn last night, if you see any of these Holland Lops please let us know. We have filed a police report. We are in Livingston county. Thank you.

Tort Jr buck- tattoo ‪#‎280L‬
Broken Blue Sr doe- tattoo ‪#‎D287W‬
Broken Tort Jr buck
Blue Eyed White Jr buck
Orange Jr buck
Chestnut Jr buck

So sorry to hear about this, Dangerbunny. :evil: :evil: :evil:

These days nothing is safe. I hope you'll be able to tighten up your security so this kind of thing doesn't happen again.

I don't know how many rabbits you have or why they stole the ones they did. Is there any pattern to it that might lead to a suspect?

That's terrible. I'm from Michigan (other side of the state).

I wonder if it was some kids being mean, or some "animal rights" people....... Hope you find them!!!

If they are kept outside you can VERY inexpensively install a motion sensor light so if someone walks in your yard the light goes on. That might scare them away.

I helped a friend who's barn was getting broke into a few times. I installed a motion light and also attached a car alarm I got from the junk yard. Needless to say he heard it go off in the middle of the night (as did probably everyone within 1/4 mile of his house), he never had the problem again! Bet it scared the jerks to death!!!!

There's a big rabbit show at MSU next Saturday. You should distribute flyers to EVERYONE there with this information and PICTURES TOO!

it's easy to steal AND hide rabbits unfortunately.

Best defense is a good offense... make it too difficult to steal them. And scare tactics and locks. Cameras help too if you find a way to hide them so the camera isn't stolen....

That is awful. My bunnies are my babies and I don't know what I would do if one was stolen. Will keep an eye out but doubt they would come to small area. But will watch just in case.

(Edited: removed double post)

even though this is a very old thread, it is something everyone should be concerned about, especially with the "new more disrespectful", variety of "animal rights activist"..- When I lived in California, I had some trouble with someone breaking into my rabbit barn, I filed a police report,posted a no trespassing, and beware of dog sign, and put the pyrenees in the barn,[as suggested by the sheriff deputy who came by to investigate and "make the report"], -a break in was only attempted one more time- I didn't find out who it was , but they left their pry bar behind when they left.

Latest posts

Back