Feeding time

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baefull.wolfbunnies

Reaction score
Rabbits were weird at feeding time today.
Food: All three "Meh" = not really interested
Hay: Does "Hey, I have Hay ... time to nibble" Buck "Meh"
Water: All three "ASDASLKFHOIJHSEIHG:IUH:FH" = Overjoyed bouncing around and trying to drink at the same time.

Which I don't know why they are going through so much water, I filled all three bottles yesterday and had to do a full fill on all three today as well. It hasn't even hit the 40's yet in terms of temps.

It has been sunny the last few days, but not hot.

How big are your bottles? Are they working properly?

If you have small ones (16oz or smaller) one bottle a day usually isn't enough. Most of mine drink 32 to 50 oz of water daily...

all three bottles are 32 oz bottles that are all sealing properly. During the previous months (fall and winter) they've been going through a bottle every two or three days.

The first sign our bun is getting sick is ignoring food and drinking water to ease her stomach.

You might have to kick start their digestive system with lactulose and baby gas drops if they have not eaten by tomorrow morning.

I see you live in a mild climate and with increasing daylight they might be shedding and getting stuck fur in their gut. Ours are all shedding now it probably was their winter coat (spring starts in late February where we live).

wpcaernarfon":2ad8yi6c said:
The first sign our bun is getting sick is ignoring food and drinking water to ease her stomach.

You might have to kick start their digestive system with lactulose and baby gas drops if they have not eaten by tomorrow morning.

I see you live in a mild climate and with increasing daylight they might be shedding and getting stuck fur in their gut. Ours are all shedding now it probably was their winter coat (spring starts in late February where we live).

Thanks for the reminder about illness. I think both does are expecting popples so I would need to do something that is safe for the little ones. As for weather systems its the usual PNW spring craziness, Sunny with mildly warm temps one with with frost and below freezing the next. As far as I know they all ate this afternoon, most of teh time they only "meh" at the hay but are excited about the food and water. I'll keep an eye on them

Back