Doe going after buck

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatzNetherlands

Reaction score
We are trying to get our doe to breed... Netherland Dwarf... 6 months old. She keeps going after the buck though. We bring her to the buck(different place as our bucks are too young yet) She chases him and any time he moves she goes after him. We have tried 3 times now(different days).... The lady is not sure she wants me to bring her back for fear she might hurt her buck... She acts like she owns the cage, he barely gets near her and she goes after him.

Any tips on getting her to be more receptive? I have read apple the apple cider vinegar, I will try that... Any other tips? She is not overweight... just... bitchy! lol

I can try.... After one time of the doe going after the buck, the buck gets 'cowardly' and doesn't want to even go near her... I will have to try again but hold her from the beginning... She is a feisty thing!

That's what I would try... don't even give her the chance. Then maybe the buck can get his business done. :lol:

She does sound feisty! That can be good, but it has its downsides... :roll:

Do you turn her over before a breeding session and check the colour of her vulva to get an idea of her receptivity to breeding? Generally speaking, whitish to pale pink means don't waste your time. Bright pink is better. Reddish to purplish means she's hot to trot. In this case, I think it is important that she is in the third mode. There is more at stake here than just getting her bred. Your friend's buck could become permanently shy with the girls as a result of the treatment he is receiving and therefore spoiled as a breeder.

I read to check that after I posted... Her buck has no problem with the does.... Just bred to another doe recently... But he is smart enough to know THIS doe is a brat... We are going to put her in the spot next to his for a day or so and then check her... If she is not ready yet...

Back