My critters.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzzy9

Reaction score
I thought I'd share my kitties, since it's because of them that we got into rabbits in the first place. Commercial processed foods make them itch, and they just do much better with a raw diet.

This is Lucy, she absolutely dislikes being photographed, and I don't have many nice photos of her. :(
Lucy.jpg

Kitten........who got his name simply because we couldn't agree on a name for him, so Kitten just stuck. :lol:
Kitten-1.jpg

Patches..........my D.I.V.A.!!!!!! :D She definitely has a calico "catitude"!
Patches.jpg

My 39" gelding. :love:
Spotblackandwhitewithclouds_GLB2886.jpg

Donkey
PFDaveandDonkey-3235-1-1-1.jpg

Thank you all! :D

Maggie, yes, lovely calico!!! Tell me more about her/him! How old? Patches is 10, she's old, set in her ways, and knows how to work me to get what she wants! :lol: Don't even think about scolding her, because she gives the worlds dirtiest look, as if to say, "how dare you even think of scolding me!" She's a complete princess!
queen.gif

Hi Terry, you must not have seen my response to your question in the other thread where you asked me about him. :D He is technically a miniature, his dam and sire were both 34", but he must have height somewhere back in his pedigree, because he went over miniature requirements, and is 39". Minimum to be registered as a mini is 38", so he went over. Technically, he is just a appy pony I guess, not a POA. I'm not really sure what the height restrictions even are for POA's.

He's my little buddy, I'm going to be sending him for cart training this summer. I've got him ground driving really well, and he's ready to be put to cart, but I'm not brave enough to do that myself! :D

We are totally dotty about our Marilla. She's a very opinionated little cat, eight and a half years old. We got her from the Humane Society when she was a year old and we were fortunate to get her... She had come in just the afternoon before, victim of someone's allergies. What timing! There were many lovely cats there... broke my heart that we could only take one, but one look was enough to know which one it was going to be.

She was quite standoffish at first, but has mellowed a lot and is even content to sleep in my lap for hours at a time if she can. She is extremely intelligent and understands dozens of different phrases. She finds ways to communicate her desires too. I can say "Show me what you want" and she'll show me all right and then look at me as if to say: "Took you long enough, didn't it?" :lol:

She's a mainly indoor cat but loves to go out wearing her harness and leash. We can't let her run because our road is busy... I lost too many cats that way when I was growing up. Even so she is quite the huntress. She has taken birds and bats out of mid-air and a couple of months ago she nailed a weasel that had found its way into the house. (Probably it was after mice in the cellar and found its way into the upstairs.) I've never seen her so pumped as she was that day!

Did I mention we are totally dotty about her? :D

DSCF0113a.jpginventory7 015a.jpg

fuzzy9":2ps5db37 said:
Hi Terry, you must not have seen my response to your question in the other thread where you asked me about him. :D He is technically a miniature, his dam and sire were both 34", but he must have height somewhere back in his pedigree, because he went over miniature requirements, and is 39". Minimum to be registered as a mini is 38", so he went over. Technically, he is just a appy pony I guess, not a POA. I'm not really sure what the height restrictions even are for POA's.

He's my little buddy, I'm going to be sending him for cart training this summer. I've got him ground driving really well, and he's ready to be put to cart, but I'm not brave enough to do that myself! :D

He has a wonderful head for a mini--- balances nicely with his neck.All minis have height in their background-- they were sleecltivelybred down for size

Maggie,

I can see why you are in so in love with Marilla, she is really beautiful!! She's not far behind Patches age wise either. It's funny how connected we can be with our pets, and they with us. I have very similar experiences with my kitties, and I absolutely adore each one of them. They have such different personalities.

Patches actually came from my husband dads place. I had to have a calico! I had a special place in my heart for calicos because I had brought home a calico for my grandma after grandpa had passed away. It turned out to be a wonderful source of companionship for grandma, even though she wouldn't openly admit she loved the kitty, they would always snuggle next to each other at night while she watched tv. :) I was looking for a calico, and at our house warming, Dave's dad said he had a new batch of kittens, and one was a calico. Yay! She was an outdoor garage kitten until we brought her home. Her and I didn't hit it off right away though, she would pee on our bed nearly every day! I would get sooo made at her, because I had a down comforter on the bed. I finally held her, and scolded her out loud one day, and not once after that did she ever pee on our bed, or anywhere in the house, ever again. It was so weird, because after that day, she instantly became a lap cat. If I was sitting down, she was on my lap, or waiting for me to sit down. She's still a lap cat to this day.

We adopted Lucy from the shelter, and she almost didn't come home with us. When I saw her, I fell in love with her, but her independent personality wanted nothing to do with me when I opened the cage. She was playing, and didn't have time for visits. :lol: I actually had chosen a little male tuxedo kitten, he was tiny tiny tiny! I had started the paperwork to take him home, and at last minute decided not to choose a male, I just couldn't forget little Lucy with her fuzzy ear hair, and long whiskers. She still has that same independent personality, but out of the three of them, she is the one that is more in sync with me. She knows when I'm leaving the house, and meows at me, trying to get me to stay. If we have company, she paces, frustrated that she can't be by me, or nap on my lap. She used to have a really really fluffy gorgeous coat, but the allergies have been horrible for her the last two years, and she has lost alot of fluff. She was just gorgeous before this all started. :(

Kitten, I found on Craigs List, and had to have him. I was told he was a she, but after I drove the 2 hours to pick him up, I fell in love, and it didn't matter. He will follow me around the house until I sit down, so he can snuggle on my lap. Actually, he and Lucy do that, and then race to see who get's it first. :lol: I make them take turns, it's only fair! :lol: He's a goofy kitty, and very talkative. He's also very social. If he sees the other kitties walking into a room, he chatters at them, runs over, and starts grooming them. He's just goofy!

Mine are all indoor only kitties. We have alot of ferrals that come and go, and living in front of a big woods, we have a coyote problem around here. It's just safer for them. Plus, in summer, you can walk around the yard, and pick up deer ticks. YUCK!<br /><br />__________ Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:01 pm __________<br /><br />Terry,

I bought Spot as a 5 month old from MI, after seeing him only in a couple pictures. I basically bought him for his spots! :lol: I wanted a leopard so bad! He's really laid back, and I've worked with him since day one when he came here. He is put together nicely, and he's got an awesome little trot on him too. He's a little show off when he wants to be.

What you can't see in that first picture, is that he has a ? mark on his left side! It's so unique.

These were from October, after he started with a pretty good winter coat already, but you can see the ? mark.
Sepia_GLB5870.jpg

BECKERSepia_GLB5863.jpg

BECKERSpiritedSpot_GLB5280.jpg

And my favorite one of Donkey! I was doing a 30 day word-a-day photography challenge on a equine forum I belong to, and the word for this day was "colorful". :lol:
BECKERColorful_GLB5750.jpg

Wonderful conformation on Spot!! I sure hope you compete with him-- If he were a full sized horse, he'd have the structure for sport horse activities. If he's not intact, he should be! *Droooool*

Geri, your kitties are just so sweet and each so different. I know what you mean about them being safer indoors. Marilla is only outside if we are out too... and thank goodness ticks are not a problem here. We have them, in theory, but I've never seen even one.

I think your donkey and polka-dot pony are just wonderful too. Spot is really an amazing little guy... and Donkey has the sweetest, most patient look in his eyes. :)

Thank you everybody! :D

Terry, Spot is a gelding. We never really wanted to get into breeding, he was bought to eventually be a nice little driving horse. I'm going to send him this year for cart training, I didn't think he was ready just yet last year, but he's definitely ready this year. He LOVES to work! When I get him out ground driving, he knows his job, and loves it! Can't wait!

Devon's Mom, I love it! I never really noticed the second set of eyes on Patches! She has such a cute face, doesn't she!

Maggie, lucky Marilla. I know my kitties would love to go outside. The neighbors have a couple dogs, collies, and she said even just in the yard they pick up ticks. It's been exceptionally bad the last couple summers too, normally the ticks are bad in spring, into early summer, and the cut back, but we've found ticks on the horses even during fall. I've had a couple even crawling on the walls in the house. They've really been bad, I think because we've had such hot dry summers.

Back