Off to pick up giant cuy

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akane

Reaction score
Supposedly the sire is 8lbs and the dam is 6lbs. Been busy working on a cage cause they will jump 3' and 8lbs of guinea pig does not fit in any cost effective predesigned cage with a wire top.

Putting the base together

First coat of waterproof nontoxic enamel

2nd coat-ran out of paint, and putting the inner bedding barrier on

Topped it with ferret nation panels and a 2nd level can be put on the top if I want to get a stool to reach it. We did miscalculate the inner length because of the end panels removed from each ferret nation section in the middle. I'm thinking of just putting a shelf on there. There's been some young regular guinea pig sows testing it out.

Pics of cuy sometime late tomorrow unless I die of exhaustion and then it will be sunday. :lol:

That is an awesome cage! 8lbs? :shock: That is as big as my rabbits :lol: :lol:

I can't wait to see them I knew there were giant cuy but had no idea that actually were that big.

Freaked out cuy

I failed to mention they are polydactyl. It is believed the more toes they have the more luck they bring.

I was going to do a side by side directly with a same age regular pig but huddled down in the carrier you just couldn't see the difference well enough. There's a lot more mass there if you actually handle them. They were born jan 7th and weigh 1lb and 3-4oz and my same age red roan weighs 13oz. I got some pics with them in with those weaned females which would range from slightly older to double their age. Maybe more. You can see their body length, leg length, and size of head compared to the others when they are actually moving around.

(I need to get some metal strips because the pigs found enamel painted 2x6 boards far tastier than enamel coated plywood) <br /><br /> __________ Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:07 am __________ <br /><br /> Looking it up that cream with white and probably the cream with black were born Nov 20th. That's how fast growth drops off in regular guinea pigs. The cuy are just getting started.

Latest posts

Back