I was stupid and let someone handle a kit - now what?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powellanimals

Reaction score
I had a women with three young girls at my home today to pick up some ducklings. Young girls, large blue eyes, very polite and talked about all of their animals and asked questions about all of ours. The oldest one was venturing around and came upon the rabbit hutch with baby lionheads in it and asked very sweetly whether she could hold one. I was stupid and let her. As she handed it back to me she told me about her two rabbits and of course my skin crawled from knowing I had just exposed mine to anything. My poor young kits! I'm hoping they did not catch anything. Just in case, is there anything I should do as a preventative? And what would early signs of anything be? Sniffling? They already have very slight diarrhea as they just started eating solid food.
Thanks for the help!

You show your Lionheads, I believe? If so, I wouldn't be too concerned about it-your herd has already been exposed to much more than what those little girls may have brought with them on their clothing or hands.

You might want to grind up some chewable vitamin C and/or echinacea tablets and add that to their water source... but honestly, if they were mine (I also show) I wouldn't bother to do so.

MamaSheepdog":2pszttp7 said:
You show your Lionheads, I believe? If so, I wouldn't be too concerned about it-your herd has already been exposed to much more than what those little girls may have brought with them on their clothing or hands.

You might want to grind up some chewable vitamin C and/or echinacea tablets and add that to their water source... but honestly, if they were mine (I also show) I wouldn't bother to do so.

Yes I do but try to quarantine my show rabbits from the others but I guess you are completely right. I think I panicked because these are only a month old. Thank you for the wise words!

Latest posts

Back