Has anbody tried wafer sliced rabbit?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephanie

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
I am very fond of deli sliced smoked chicken or turkey breast. Has anybody tried doing that with rabbit? I've been brainstorming rabbit recipes for a while, looking for great ways to serve it. The idea of a smoked rabbit sandwich just sounded so good to me. And, I would think it would make much older rabbit very palatable. I am considering buying a few kitchen items such as a meat grinder and a food saver. If this would work, a decent food processor or slicer might be on my shopping list as well.

I have never tried it, but if the processing process is similar, I don't see why it wouldn't work! I buy turkey breasts and roast them, then thinly slice them for the kids for lunch (definitely not deli thin though).

I would love to make our own deli meats, but have no idea of the process involved... it must be brined, I would think. :? I'm sure you could do it, but I think the only part that would be suitable would be the loin with backbone removed, and I imagine you would want it to be at least semi frozen when slicing it.

imajpm":1qnhntf4 said:
I've been thinking of making a rabbit salad sandwich too.

We love "Rabbit Waldorf" sandwiches made with our canned rabbit meat. Delicious! :dinner:

Rabbit Salad - yummmmm... one of the first things I made, actually!

I think one option for lunch meat is "chopped and pressed" so you could grind it up and make a loaf, then slice that correct? Make use of more of the rabbit, plus have bigger slices... and you doing it yourself is a lot less sketchy than some big name processor (ew!).

heritage":3u3ijdkr said:
I think one option for lunch meat is "chopped and pressed" so you could grind it up and make a loaf, then slice that correct?

Oooh! Too true!

Latest posts

Back