Seeking advice

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsstalker

Reaction score
I have recently been approached by a local landscaping business offering to buy rabbit manure and would like to get some advice and information.

1) What would be a fair price to ask for the product? This would be manure straight from the pit, ie., manure, urine, hay droppings. Naturally I would like to get a good price for the product while at the same time be fair to the buyer as I know they need to make some money too.

2) How would one measure the product?

Any offers of advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

John

I sell 30lb bags for $10

But it really depends on your area

I'd find out how much cow or horse manure or compst sells for at your local garden centre and price the rabbit lower than that. Tell your buyer how you got to the number and if they think that is reasonable to them, you could negotiate a lower price if they shovel/bag it themselves ;)

Thanks for the input.

I am considering composting and selling to general public. Several people that I have discussed this with locally that know me and my efforts of developing this self sustaining homestead offered this suggestion since I am already composting other materials for the gardens.

I already have the composting systems in place and get several empty feed bags every month so getting into a venture as this would not be a problem.

Selling the raw rabbit manure is one labor saving thought though.

John

Latest posts

Back